First part of the season (till December)
Tournaments are to bi weekly (no more than 7 players per team).
Games: 2 x 10 min halves; running clock but stopped in last minute only.
2 games per session per team.
No scoresheets kept – visual only.
Refereed by U16 players – under supervision.
Clubs may change the make-up of their teams on a weekly basis.
Full co-operation of all clubs and coaches is necessary if we are to be successful in providing more basketball for the young players.
Regular league competition
All teams will play each other on a two round system.
- Minimum of players per team: 8
- 4 sessions of 7 minutes (stopping time) will be played.
- Ball size: 6.
- Up to the 3rd Quarter, all players on the bench have to play.
- Minimum of one FULL quarter to be played by each player.
- Maximum of three FULL quarters to be played by each player.
- A player cannot play in 3 consecutive quarters.
- Zone defence is not allowed.
No Substitutions are allowed at any time of the game, with the exceptions of the following:
- When there are any injured players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- Fouled out players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- 4th Quarter, subs are allowed, always abiding by the above mentioned rules.
- If two or more teams finish with the same number of points at the top of the table a decider will be played.
- 2 points are to be awarded for a win and 1 point for a loss. No points will be awarded to those Teams handing over a walk-over
- The team with the highest number of points at the end of the League will be declared CHAMPION.
- All MBA and FIBA rules apply for this League with the exception of the ones mentioned above.