The teams have been drawn up in the following groups:
Group A: Siggiewi Devils, Gzira Athleta, Hibernians
Group B: Starlites, Siggiewi Warriors, Depiro, Luxol
Games will be on a single round, round-robin format.
The top 2 teams will qualify for the finals on Saturday 23rd December.
Kindly abide strictly with the starting time and work togetehr with the officials to start all the games on time.
|Court A (left on entry)||Court B (right on entry)|
|8.45||Gzira Athleta vs Hibs (Grp A)||Starlites vs Siggiewi Warriors|
|9.30||Starlites vs Depiro||Siggiewi Warriors vs Luxol|
|10.15||Siggiewi Devils vs Gzira Athleta (Grp A)||Luxol vs Depiro|
|11.00||Luxol vs Starlites||Hibs vs Siggiewi Devils (Grp A)|
|11.45||Depiro vs Siggiewi Warriors|
The rules for the tournament are the following (as laready notified to all the clubs earlier):
Rules for the Christmas Cup:
- Minimum of players per team: 8
- 4 sessions of 7 minutes (stopping time) will be played. In the event of a tied game, the overtime period will be of 2 minutes.
- Ball size: 6.
- Zone defense is not allowed.
- Up to the 3rd Quarter, all players have to play.
- If a team has less than 12 players on the bench (min. 8), then the opposing team has the option to use an equal number of players by the 3rd quarter.
- Minimum of one FULL quarter to be played by each player
- Maximum of three FULL quarters to be played by each player.
- A player cannot play the first 3 consecutive quarters.
- No Substitutions are allowed at any time during the first 3 quarters of the game, with the exceptions of the following:
- When there are any injured players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- Fouled out players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- 4th Quarter, subs are allowed at any time, always abiding by the above mentioned rules.