Below kindly find the main rules to be used for the Christmas Cup this weekend.
The normal league (u14) rules will apply on any other situations not dealt with below.
Rules for the Christmas Cup:
Duration of the game:
Quarters 1 to 3: 10 minutes running time, with time only stopped during free throws.
Quarter 4: 7 minutes (stopping time)
Half time: One (1) minute
Time Outs: each team is entitled to one (1) time out to be used only in the 4th quarter.
Time between games: Maximum 5 minutes
- Minimum of players per team:8
- In the event of a tied game, the overtime period will be of 2 minutes (stopping time).
Other rules are the same as the normal under 14 league rules. The main ones are:
- Ball size:6.
- Zone defense is not allowed.
- Up to the 3rd Quarter,all players have to play.
- If a team has less than 12 players on the bench (min. 8), then the opposing team has the option to use an equal number of players by the 3rd quarter.
- Minimum of one FULL quarterto be played by each player
- Maximum of three FULL quarters to be played by each player.
- A player cannot playthe first 3 consecutive quarters.
- No Substitutions are allowed at any time during the first 3 quarters of the game, with the exceptions of the following:
- When there are any injured players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- Fouled out players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- 4th Quarter, subs are allowedat any time, always abiding by the above mentioned rules.