Re Under 14
Kindly note that we will be making some changes to the schedule in order to organise a Christmas competition for both under 14 boys and girls
The revised schedule will be likewise:
more info will follow in the coming days
Sunday 10th December – as scheduled, Boys under 14 regular tournament at 9am
(New) Wednesday 13th December – Girls Qualifying Tournament (top 4 teams will qualify) (normal morning time at 9am)
(New) Sunday 17th December – Boys Qualifying Tournament (top 4 teams will qualify) (normal morning time at 9am)
(New) Christmas Cup Final 4 – Saturday 23rd December (afternoon)
Schedule for 23rd December (could be amended)
2 pm: Girls First Semifinal
3 pm: Girls Second Semifinal / Boys First Semifinal
4 pm: Boys second semifinal
4.30: Girls Final (in main gym)
5.30: Boys Final (in main gym)
Rules for the Christmas Cup:
• Minimum of players per team; 8
• 4 sessions of 7 minutes (stopping time) will be played. In the event of a tied game, the overtime period will be of 2 minutes.
• Ball size; 6.
• Zone defense is not allowed.
• Up to the 3rd Quarter all players on the bench have to play.
• If a team has less than 12 players on the bench (min. 8), then the opposing team has the option to use an equal number of players by the 3rd quarter.
• Minimum of one FULL quarter to be played by each player
• Maximum of three FULL quarters to be played by each player.
• A player cannot play the first 3 consecutive quarters.
• No Substitutions are allowed at any time during the first 3 quarters of the game, with the exceptions of the following:
1. When there are any injured players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
2. Fouled out players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
3. 4th Quarter, subs are allowed at any time, always abiding by the above mentioned rules.