The teams have been drawn up in the following groups:
Group A: Siggiewi, Gzira Athleta, Starlites A,
Group B: Luxol, Starlites B, Depiro, Hibs
Games will be on a single round, round-robin format.
The top 2 teams will qualify for the finals on Saturday 23rd December.
Kindly abide strictly with the starting time and work together with the officials to start all the games on time.
|Court A (left on entry)||Court B (right on entry)|
|8.30||Gzira Athleta vs Siggiewi (Grp A)||Starlites B vs Luxol|
|9.20||Depiro vs Starlites B||Hibs vs Luxol|
|10.10||Starlites A vs Gzira Athleta (Grp A)||Hibs vs Depiro|
|11.00||Siggiewi vs Starlites A (Grp A)||Luxol vs Depiro (starting at 11.30)|
Apart from the rules below, it has been decided to amend the following rules for the Christmas Cup as from this Sunday, namely:
Duration of the game:
Quarters 1 to 3: 10 minutes running time, with time only stopped during free throws.
Quarter 4: 7 minutes (stopping time)
Half time: One (1) minute
Time Outs: each team is entitled to one (1) time out to be used only in the 4th quarter.
Time between games: Maximum 5 minutes
- Minimum of players per team:8
- In the event of a tied game, the overtime period will be of 2 minutes.
- Ball size:6.
- Zone defense is not allowed.
- Up to the 3rd Quarter,all players have to play.
- If a team has less than 12 players on the bench (min. 8), then the opposing team has the option to use an equal number of players by the 3rd quarter.
- Minimum of one FULL quarter to be played by each player
- Maximum of three FULL quarters to be played by each player.
- A player cannot play the first 3 consecutive quarters.
- No Substitutions are allowed at any time during the first 3 quarters of the game, with the exceptions of the following:
- When there are any injured players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- Fouled out players, subs to be decided by the opposing coach.
- 4th Quarter, subs are allowedat any time, always abiding by the above mentioned rules.